New Product Introduction (NPI) is within the Process integration and Yield Engineering group responsible for the process technologies that will be manufactured in new 300mm wafer fab.. This position reports into the NPI Manager. The Process Integration and Yield Engineering group is responsible for the transfer, implementation, qualification and production ramp of manufacturing technologies in support of client’s technology roadmap and customer base in order to meet all key production indices such as Wafer Cost, Cycle Time, Line Yield, Delivery to Commitment, Wafer and Die Yields, Reliability, etc. This position also has responsibility of meeting specific technology requirements of customers' products and driving cost and yield improvements of technologies running in production.
The New Product Introduction Engineer position is responsible for managing all logistical and technical items for the error-free introduction of new customer products, technology test vehicles, and test chips into fab as related to the readiness and completeness of corresponding masksets, routings or flows, design rule checks, and other necessary items to process first silicon correctly and on schedule.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate and lead the error-free tape-out of mask (or reticle) sets into factory by working cross-functionally with Process Integration, Product Engineering, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mask Data Prep (OPC), Global Tapeout Operations, Design Enablement, and Mask Fabrication teams including external Mask House vendors. Ensure that all NPI requirements are completed on schedule including disposition of DRC violations to enable on-time first silicon success.
- Work with process integration teams and manufacturing engineering to ensure successful set up of process flows, recipes, metrology jobs, etc for technologies transferring into factory to enable first time error-free processing of testchips, customer prototypes and production masksets. Support ongoing process route changes based on customer requirements, yield improvements and cost reduction/process simplification.
- Create and track project plans to effectively manage the introduction and first silicon execution of multiple concurrent products (masksets) running in factory.
- Work with Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Service and Industrial Engineering groups to insure successful implementation of new products into Fab8 leading to successful customer prototyping and volume production.
- Establish, implement and continuously improve business processes and quality systems related to new product introduction and ensuring first silicon success.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline is required
- Minimum of 8 years of Semiconductor fab experience
- Experience in new product introduction, tapeout and/or customer engineering in a semiconductor fab environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures
- Strong organization and leadership skills, ability to work effectively with all levels of Fab and Global Tapeout organizations
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred
- Semiconductor experience in a foundry environment
- Experience in areas such as OPC, mask data preparation, reticle manufacturing, testchips, DRC disposition, reticle frame building or related disciplines.
- Understanding of semiconductor design environments and mask generation/tapeout flow, as well as proficiency with layout analysis software tools like Calibre DRC and DFM, is preferred. Knowledge of scripting languages would also be a plus.
This is a permanent position.